PLEASANTON, Calif. -- For small- to mid-sized companies and larger corporate departments needing to scan documents and import them to a content management solution or archive to a storage system, Xerox (NYSE: XRX) today announced the new Xerox DocuMate® 4830. Rated at 30 pages per minute and 60 images per minute, the scanner has an A3-sized flatbed that can accommodate documents up to A3 and 11” x 17” on the glass and a 75-page automatic document feeder that accommodates documents up to 118” in length to maximize productivity.
Designed for fast-paced office environments
The DocuMate 4830 enables users to easily scan batches of large and different-sized documents and delivers the automation and dependability needed for critical scanning applications. Features include:
- Ultrasonic Double Feed Detection to minimize rescans and catch double-feeds
- Intelligent Image Correction dramatically reduces document preparation time through many efficient enhancing features
- Daily Duty Cycle of 3,000 pages a day to handle volume needs.
“The DocuMate 4830 was designed for users who need the versatility of A3 scanning with a flatbed and automatic document feeder, but don’t have the throughput needs to justify a pricier model with production level speeds that a service bureau might use,” said John Capurso, president and COO at Visioneer, a Xerox licensing partner. “It also increases the security and control of paper document and ID card capture for markets like the healthcare industry.”
The software bundle includes
- Certified TWAIN, ISIS and WIA drivers to enable communication with hundreds of enterprise content management (ECM) and document image management (DIM) software solutions,
- Visioneer Acuity to provide advanced image enhancement,
- Visioneer DriverPLUS to enable sophisticated integration with your document capture and workflows,
- Nuance PaperPort®, OmniPage® Pro and PDF Converter Pro.
Pricing and Availability
The Xerox DocuMate 4830 is priced at $2,495, and is available immediately through online channel partners, VARs and major resellers.